Tuesday, December 10, 2013

President Obama signed the Epipen Law

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/11/13/president-obama-signs-new-epipen-law-protect-children-asthma-and-severe-allergies-an

I have been following this for months when it was first introduced and I am glad to see it passed. It's about time we protect all children. You can never tell what your allergies are until it happens to you. When my child had an allergic reaction to an ice cream covered with peanuts, I was in panic. He had scraped the peanuts off because he preferred it plain. With one lick his throat started itching, his eyes and lips started swelling. Luckily, a dose of Benadryl helped with his symptoms, imagine what a whole peanut could have done. I think they could expand this law to include other organizations as well who are involved in youths, such as scouting events for example, or youth camps.

No comments:

Post a Comment