Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Prescription Discount Card for Nassau County

http://www.nassaucountyny.gov/agencies/Comptroller/nassauRx.html

Not too long ago I received a prescription discount card  in the mail from Nassau County. It has a member number specifically attached to my name and home address. Luckily, I have put it aside despite of my reluctance. It's just too good to be true. Until one of my patient whose medications were not covered by his insurance had a need for it.  I almost forgot about this benefit that Nassau County offers for all Nassau resident whose medications are not covered by their insurance. So, I reminded my patient about it and showed them what the card looked like. Unfortunately, she thought it was junk mail and threw it away. The good news is that you can print a copy of the card online. You could save up to 20% off the retail price. I think that's great!

No comments:

Post a Comment